The business world is ever-changing. It is important for business owners to be on top of advancements and opportunities. As our world keeps progressing towards a more technological and advanced state, Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP has been widely adapted into businesses.
What is ERP?
Enterprise Resource Planning or ERP is a business process management software that allows an organization to use a system of integrated applications to manage the business and automate many back office functions related to technology, services and human resources. ERP software integrates all facets of an operation, including product planning, development, manufacturing, sales and marketing. ERP Consulting LLC offers Microsoft Dynamics GP in Pataskala Ohio to help structure your business model to capitalize in business processes to unlock your business’ full potential.
History of ERP
This concept has been around since the early 1960’s. During these years, software engineers produced programs to monitor inventory, report statuses and reconcile and check balances. In the 1970’s, it was then called Material Requirements Planning systems or MRP. By 1990, these systems had expanded beyond inventory control and other operational processes to other back-office functions like accounting and human resources. Today, ERP has expanded to handling “front-office” functions such as sales force automation), marketing automation and e-commerce.
ERP Consulting LLC offers Microsoft Dynamics GP in Pataskala Ohio to companies of all sizes and a wide range of industries are transitioning into the ERP systems. The benefits of ERP are very visible which is why its use is continuing to grow so rapidly. To fully understand the benefits of ERP, the business value of ERP includes the following:
- Supplies real-time global data view which allows companies to address issues, concerns and problems proactively and instantly.
- Improves financial compliance with regulatory standards.
- Enhances customer service by providing one direct source for billing and relationship tracking.
- Assists employees to do their jobs more efficiently and successfully.
- Lowers business operations cost by eliminating redundant systems and processes.
- Integrates various business and operational functions into one complete system to streamline processes and information across the entire organization or company.
When you add up these advantages, the value of ERP is clear. ERP Consulting LLC, which offers Microsoft Dynamics GP in Pataskala Ohio, helps determine the right ERP system for your organization to enable it to reach maximum capacity. The right system for your business will allow you to standardize processes but still allow flexibility and transference.